New 1971 T28 Owner lots of questions!

A little about yourself
Harrison22!

New 1971 T28 Owner lots of questions!

Post by Harrison22! »

Hello my name is Harrison. I am in the Navy and purchased my trailer with the intention to live in it when I get stationed in CA. The trailer is in completely original condition and it looks like it has had a cool history, the owners were the International treasures for 2 years. It sat undercover for many years and everything turned right on. I will start digging into the forum but, I had a few concerns.

The top has a small leak and I can see some cracks in the "gel" like cover they sealed the top with? What is the best way to get it all removed and start fresh on the roof seams? I have read about oven cleaner. Would it be ok to strip it down on the roof if I were to just reseal it?

Also as to the axles it towed home pretty well making a slight noise I think the bearings might need replacing. However as pictured I was concerned why I don't have a mount from the front axle to the mount in front of it. I attached a picture of another 28 and it has one. Mine looks so original and untouched I was curious if some didn't have that attachment?

Thank you for your time. I look forward to this restoration journey!
Attachments
Avion Suspension.PNG
Avion Suspention T28.jpeg
Avion Rig Pic.jpeg
Razorback

Re: New 1971 T28 Owner lots of questions!

Post by Razorback »

Hi, Harrison. Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your Avion!

Unfortunately, I don’t know enough about those earlier models and suspensions..... but I can say that I have never seen another like the one you pictured.

Anyone else??
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Harrison22!

Re: New 1971 T28 Owner lots of questions!

Post by Harrison22! »

No that is all for now.

I really want to find out if somehow the axle support is missing and its not roadworthy. If anyone else has any input that would be great!