Stabilizer jacks

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
Kep

Stabilizer jacks

Post by Kep »

My trailer has two stabilizer jacks up front but none in the rear. I can't even see where they were mounted so I suspect that mine never had rear stabilizer jacks. Is this normal? Does anyone have rear stabilizer jacks? If so where are yours mounted?
1975 28' LeGrande Twins, rear bath, front dinette.
Razorback

Re: Stabilizer jacks

Post by Razorback »

I don't know for sure, but your trailer could have had a set of a-frame stabilizers as opposed to the T-Type stabilizers that were more common on the later models.

(As a help to other members being able to answer questions, please go to your profile and find your "signature". Edit that to include basic information that would include the year and model of your Avion. An easy way to find that: click on your user name, select Profile, find and click on "Edit profile", then find "Edit signature".)
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Here’s a pic of the rear ones on my 30R. Reminds me I need to go back and trim that spray foam visible in the pic.
9F8732B9-38EC-44E5-A773-3819352F497B.jpeg
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

Here are some pics of the c-channel (in black) that supports the rear stabilizer jacks, like KY's. The c-channel runs across the trailer and is secured to the frame with flat mounting pads. This done because there are no inboard frame members to attach the stabilizer jacks like the fronts.

When I was re-furbishing the underpart of the trailer, I wanted to run the new gas distribution line between the c-channel and the belly pan, not below the chanel like OEM. I fabricated some 1" spacers from rectangular tubing and installed them between the mounting pads and the frame. It gave me the clearance I needed for the new routing.
IMG_1621.JPG
IMG_1573.JPG
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Kep

Post by Kep »

I looked again and I just don't see any attachment locations. I'm going to need figure something out. For now I'm using small aluminum screw jacks (Jack stand) under the rub bars on the rear bumper. It is a pain but works for now.

Thanks for the information though.
1975 28' LeGrande Twins, rear bath, front dinette.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

That C channel runs across the entire underbelly from frame to frame.

https://norcoind.com/bal/products/consu ... jack.shtml
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

silverloaf wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:48 pm When I was re-furbishing the underpart of the trailer, I wanted to run the new gas distribution line between the c-channel and the belly pan, not below the chanel like OEM. I fabricated some 1" spacers from rectangular tubing and installed them between the mounting pads and the frame. It gave me the clearance I needed for the new routing.

IMG_1621.JPGIMG_1573.JPG
Great idea on those spacers!
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
leighlandon

Post by leighlandon »

How many actually use their stabilizers? I have the silver edition with the electric stabilizers and I am currently planning on rebuilding them, but... they are very heavy... like 300lbs heavy combined... part of me is thinking of skipping them and keeping the 300lbs for something else.

Thoughts?
Landon
1986 34V Silver Edition
Kara

Post by Kara »

I have the silver edition with electric stabilizer. Is there a way to manually work them?
leighlandon

Post by leighlandon »

Here's the manual for the group.
Attachments
Ultra 5000 Power Twin.pdf
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
Landon
1986 34V Silver Edition