exterior 110v outlet?

Kep

exterior 110v outlet?

Post by Kep »

Well my 1975 28' leGrande does not have an outside 110v receptacle. The OEM manual shows that it should have one. I do not see anywhere it has been removed. The diagram shows it as the last outlet on the string and on the passenger side just after the fridge but before the twin bed. I sure do want one but don't see any simple way to provide for one!

So has anyone added an exterior 110v outlet?
How did you accomplish it?
Pictures?
Suggestions?

I see that all the outlets are on a 15amp GFI breaker so that's good. I was thinking of looking at the fridge wiring but that looks like it is not very accessible unless I remove the fridge. I would prefer something that looks OEM or possibly something hidden or can be accessed through the exterior fridge vent cover.
1975 28' LeGrande Twins, rear bath, front dinette.
Razorback

Re: exterior 110v outlet?

Post by Razorback »

Our exterior outlet is in the passenger side rear lower storage compartment. I remember finding it by accident when I had an occasion to get real low and see the inside of that compartment.

I think the 1975 models only have that one compartment? (I only have a soft copy of a 1975 brochure to reference...) Did you check there?
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Kep

Post by Kep »

Razorback wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:54 am Our exterior outlet is in the passenger side rear lower storage compartment. I remember finding it by accident when I had an occasion to get real low and see the inside of that compartment.

I think the 1975 models only have that one compartment? (I only have a soft copy of a 1975 brochure to reference...) Did you check there?
Not yet but I will now.
pbsled

Post by pbsled »

Not sure how much your into big changes, but this it was pretty easy to add a fresh dedicated outlook to my utility box since I was building a replacement. I surfaced mounted the box to make it a bit easier, and I had a free breaker slot in the breaker panel that I could just deticate to this unit. On a 30P this is on the port / left side of the trailer on the rear. 12/2 wire is unnecessary, but since the breaker was 20A, I wired for 20, but only used a 15A plug since that is what I had. Be mindful of water and use a GFI plug or breaker since this could easily get wet.
Attachments
IMG_4620.jpeg
IMG_4621.jpeg
PbSled
"Mr. Eternabond"
1990 30P
2017 F-250 Reg. Cab
Kep

Post by Kep »

Well I found a 110v outlet mounted inside the curbside belly compartment. It is mounted up high on the frame settee. It was just a quirk that I found it. I was checking the condition of the underside of the floor where the rear bathroom shower is directly above.

I did not find anything in the compartment under the twin bed. Well I did find a compartment light just inside the compartment door on my left and it even works.
Kep

Post by Kep »

passenger side rear lower storage compartment
Oops thats where you said to look LOL.
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Kep wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:57 pm
passenger side rear lower storage compartment
Oops thats where you said to look LOL.

Glad you found it!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

pbsled wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:07 pm Not sure how much your into big changes, but this it was pretty easy to add a fresh dedicated outlook to my utility box since I was building a replacement. I surfaced mounted the box to make it a bit easier, and I had a free breaker slot in the breaker panel that I could just deticate to this unit. On a 30P this is on the port / left side of the trailer on the rear. 12/2 wire is unnecessary, but since the breaker was 20A, I wired for 20, but only used a 15A plug since that is what I had. Be mindful of water and use a GFI plug or breaker since this could easily get wet.
What is that blue cable? Looks like Ethernet.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
pbsled

Post by pbsled »

It is .... I have a CAT6 uplink to my home network with an antenna in the camper. I use all Unifi stuff these days and it has provided WiFi all summer. Someday I hope to build a road capable network so I can stream a rear facing camera to my iPad mini in the cab, but that is several projects away. I teach IT as my day job, so I can’t help myself sometimes.
PbSled
"Mr. Eternabond"
1990 30P
2017 F-250 Reg. Cab