7-Pin Harness

silverloaf

Re: 7-Pin Harness

Post by silverloaf »

Good ideas. The 7-pin & 4-pin receptacles on my truck are through the bumper, adjacent to the license plate. Running the harness over the propane tank support will route nicely to the truck.

Thanks again!
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

silverloaf wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:34 am Good ideas. The 7-pin & 4-pin receptacles on my truck are through the bumper, adjacent to the license plate. Running the harness over the propane tank support will route nicely to the truck.

Thanks again!
I just re-read my last post. Just to clarify, when I said it is long enough to drape over the hold-down bracket, that is for when it’s unplugged from the tow vehicle. I know you understood that, but I just wanted to clarify for future readers.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

;)

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

I finally got about the business of figuring out why our trailer's running lights were blowing the dedicated 25 amp fuse in the tow vehicle. I removed the access cover in the belly pan at the front of the trailer. The wiring for the trailer and 7-pin harness merge together in this cavity.

I learned there are 3 green running light wires on the trailer side that connect to a green wire in the harness.I used an in-line fuse connector to determine which which individual wires would blow a fuse. Using the process of elimination, the circuit for the tail lights and side and rear marker lights was OK. But the other 2 wires blew separate fuses. The front marker lights did not work; thus, the problem is between the marker lights and cavity underneath.

I'm rather relieved the rear and side lights work. It would have been a challenge to diagnose or fish a new wire the length of the trailer. I had performed a lot of inside reconstructive work at the front of the trailer. I must have drilled a screw through both wires in the process. My next step is to figure out where.

KY-
I took your advise and will install a junction bow between the wiring cavity and the plug end to the tow vehicle. It would be a lot of work so snake a new and longer harness into the cavity. Thanks for the tip.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

I got my Christmas present early. I was able to locate a puncture in the wiring for the front clearance lights. It required removing the furniture, sofa, credenza and lower panel at the front of the trailer to find it.

Apparently, I had nicked a wire to the front clearance while riveting the lower panel into place last year. I’m relieved. There were no good options to fish a wire to the front clearance lights.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Great find! Simple fix to a potentially complex issue.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Nice!! That's about the best scenario you could have!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???