1966 T-21

Aluminum trailers and parts for sale; tow vehicles for sale
nebraskamike66

1966 T-21

Post by nebraskamike66 »

Hi everyone--I have a 1966 tourist 21 that I would like to sell. Can anyone help me with fair market value? I am in Nebraska (68763). Thanks in advance for any and all help you can send my way!

camper is somewhat modified inside but the couch, cabinetry, stove/oven are all still original. glass is all good, entrance door has a dent, tires are new.
Attachments
a1.jpg
a9.jpg
a8.jpg
a7.jpg
a6.jpg
a5.jpg
a4.jpg
a3.jpg
a2.jpg
RISK

Re: 1966 T-21

Post by RISK »

Hi Mike,

You didn’t say if the systems were working or not, if they are then you could command a higher price than if not. I’m taking about water, propane, electric (AC and DC), brakes, running lights, appliances and so on.

Other observations:
1) your trailer looks like it could use some axel work or at least some new springs. It seems to sit low.
2) Not everyone is a fan of periwinkle as an interior color. You could easily up your sale price with a quality white or off white paint job. Let the accouterments be the color.
3) that door dent could probably be helped greatly with a cheap dent puller from (ugh) Harbor Freight.

If you are unsure of the systems, as it looks now and not knowing your market, I’d say 6-8k.

Avions are the unsung hero of aluminum travel trailers but they need to be gussied up to fetch a greater price.

Best of luck,
Ian
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)
nebraskamike66

Post by nebraskamike66 »

Thanks Ian, appreciate the info. The trailer has sat for several years, so we should probably assume that all systems will need some attention. I'm interested in selling as is, many issues but good potential--also, count me as one who isn't a great fan of periwinkle :)
RISK

Post by RISK »

Mike,

It definitely looks to have great potential for sure.

You may want to post it for sale on the classified section of Airforums, lots of eyeballs there from around the country/world.

I think there is also an Avion Facebook page/group that has a for sale section.

At the very least, maybe try to pull that dent. A couple bucks could translate into several hundred if it wasn’t so bad.

Best of luck!
Ian
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)
jacksway1

Post by jacksway1 »

It looks like a great candidate for a restoration. 6 years ago I purchased my 1964 T-21 in south New Jersey for $1,000 and spent more than a year bringing it back to useful.

Needed new springs, tires, floor patching, sheet flooring, door lock repair, interior painting, new upholstery. composting toilet, ceiling fans, crank window tweaking and parts, electrical and plumbing work.

It had what seemed to be a similar use history to the model you have now. I would suggest $2-3,000 as an asking price and a willingness to accept half or less. There may be many hours and money in bring it to today's standards.
Attachments
Goucho convertible to bed 48 x 60.jpg