Bathroom Bedroom Swaparoo?

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
deminimis

Bathroom Bedroom Swaparoo?

Post by deminimis »

Hello!

I searched, so perhaps not. Wondering if anyone has undertaken the suspected enormous effort to remove the rear bath (turning into a rear bedroom) and installing a new bathroom mid ship? Guessing not, but if so, I'd love to hear about it. Still a couple months out before I start my search in earnest, but I'm finding mostly rear baths. Since I want to do a full gut and update, as well as copy a great bed/bath design that we had in our former Krystal motorcoah, that is not necessarily a bad thing. Again, just wondering if anyone has actually done the swap. Thanks.
RISK

Re: Bathroom Bedroom Swaparoo?

Post by RISK »

deminimis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:20 pm Hello!

I searched, so perhaps not. Wondering if anyone has undertaken the suspected enormous effort to remove the rear bath (turning into a rear bedroom) and installing a new bathroom mid ship? Guessing not, but if so, I'd love to hear about it. Still a couple months out before I start my search in earnest, but I'm finding mostly rear baths. Since I want to do a full gut and update, as well as copy a great bed/bath design that we had in our former Krystal motorcoah, that is not necessarily a bad thing. Again, just wondering if anyone has actually done the swap. Thanks.
Hey there,

I don’t think anyone on here has done it, but Minno on the the AirForums site did it to their Airstream. The have a great build thread that’s worth a read for anyone doing a full resto on a vintage trailer.
It would probably (certainly) be a huge headache and in my opinion, 3 trailers and a motorhome into the hobby, I wouldn’t do it.

I waited and watched until I found my mid bath 28’ for awhile and lo and behold, a short time later, I found a mid bath 26’ for my friends. I searched around the south west as they tend to be well preserved.

What size are you looking for?

Ian
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)
deminimis

Post by deminimis »

Thank you! You are correct in that I should probably wait until I find "The One." I've done a fair amount of custom work on RV and campers, but it would be much easier to start with things more/less where I ultimately want them. Thanks again!
Salty

Post by Salty »

Just thinking out loud, swapping rear bath mid bedroom to rear bedroom mid bath would likely involve the following (in no particular order)
Using a 34V as an example
remove all cabinetry and appliances aft of the full length cabinets either side
Drop at least the last three belly pans
replacing the black tank with one that has the toilet opening offset a bit more to one side.
rerouting the tank sensor cables
Swapping grey and Black tank locations
rerouting grey tank plumbing
relocating the dump station
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
EvaSantaCruz

Post by EvaSantaCruz »

I'm thinking of swapping living room/bedroom and leaving bathroom in the back. Twin bedroom becomes a couch and long tv stand and I have a full bed in the front of the trailer. It's a little easier to change things around than moving the bathroom.

Still in the works, but here is an image I pulled from internet to give you an idea -
Attachments
living room in back option 3.jpg
bedroom curtains thick.jpg
Salty

Post by Salty »

Probably easier to do, Twin bed length is ? 74"?
Just keep in mind the wheel wells are right there under those twin beds, and in most Avions the water pump is located under a twin bed as well.
I'm not saying it's not do-able, I'm saying prior planning and well thought out engineering will be to your advantage.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
EvaSantaCruz

Post by EvaSantaCruz »

Yep. The twin beds are 32 x 77. The bed with the installations below will become the couch. I will put a long tv stand over the wheel cover on the other side.

IKEA has a love seat cover that is 32 x 79 so it fits over the existing mattress pretty well. aBought the pillow of that same IKEA love seat. Looks like it was made for that space! No pics yet.