Window Tint

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
Razorback

Window Tint

Post by Razorback »

Has anyone done a DIY project to apply window tint/film to their Avion?

I have tinted household windows, so I am familiar with doing a quality job of applying window film. I keep looking at our Avion and wishing that those windows were tinted. I am leaning toward a really dark tint.... not only for aesthetics, but also for privacy. When we are using our Avion, we rarely have the shades wide open where you can see inside the trailer....... Kind of like when we are home.... we are not people who like to have our window blinds wide open where people can drive by and take inventory, if you know what I mean. So a really dark tint will not be detrimental to our existence.

Has anyone tinted their windows? Any suggestions for a source of window tint?

I have a local window/glass company that I could probably get pre-cut pieces if I give them measurements (trim-able pieces that are close to the size I need), or I could order a roll of film from someplace like Home Depot. For the curved glass, I will talk to the mentioned glass company to see if they can do those.

Curious what others might have done???
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Window Tint

Post by KYAvion »

I’ve considered doing the same thing. Did you end up moving forward with this?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Re: Window Tint

Post by Razorback »

I have not....... yet. But I DID contact that glass company. Due to requirements imposed but their tint supplier, they cannot provide just the tint.... they have to do the work. So, I think I am going to visit O'Reilly or Autozone, or Home Depot or Lowes, to see what I might find. There ARE other local businesses I can check on to see if they will provide the tint, pre-cut or not.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???