Longtime Lurker, New Member

A little about yourself
nightrider09

Longtime Lurker, New Member

Post by nightrider09 »

Hello all!

My husband and I were introduced to the world of Avion campers in March of this year (2023) when we purchased a 1968 T-28 Travelcade (28’). We had been looking at vintage Airstreams to restore, but came across this Avion at a price we couldn’t pass up. She’s rough, but we have big plans for her.

IMG_8929.jpeg
IMG_8811.jpeg
IMG_8830.jpeg
IMG_8851.jpeg
IMG_8940.jpeg

I’m big into history and genealogy, so I did a lot of research on our little camper. Thanks to this website and a few other Avion sites, I was able to track the membership numbers and find the previous owners. At one point, they were President of the Avion Travelcade club! This beauty has been all over the country, and I can’t wait to take her to new places. Still not sure how she got from Michigan to Tennessee, though.

IMG_8862.jpeg
Look at all those rendezvous stickers!

I’ve lurked around the forum here since then, and finally decided to take the leap and become a member as we prepare to bring this beauty back to her former glory. She sat for at least 7 years with her previous owner who did not do her any favors. She’s missing a few panels and parts, but we’re hoping we can modernize her without compromising that vintage look we both love. Currently working on replacing vents and subfloor and any advice is welcome!
Razorback

Re: Longtime Lurker, New Member

Post by Razorback »

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to seeing what you do with that Avion!!

Thank you for posting the introduction..... I hope more members chime in and welcome you!! (hint, hint.....)
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Longtime Lurker, New Member

Post by KYAvion »

Welcome! Let us know how the rehab is going.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R