Help

110 volt, 12 volt, Batteries, Converters and Inverters, Solar
Texaspsdx

Help

Post by Texaspsdx »

1989 34V - Removed the vent fan above the twin beds and installed a 2nd AC unit. I have not yet wired the AC unit, so it is just there.

Reconnected the 12 batteries to the trailer. Lights and 12 volt system functions normal, except, there is something running in the ceiling above the twin beds. Sounds like a fan. As far as I can see there is nothing there. Sure not the AC as it is just sitting on top of trailer, no electric connection.

Running fan noise was not there before removing vent fan and installing AC.

Pulled the fuses until noise stopped. The fuse labeled TV is the one that stopped the running fan noise.

I am stumped! Any ideas????
Ron
1989 Avion 34V
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
It is a great day in a Silver Twinkie
Texaspsdx

Re: Help

Post by Texaspsdx »

Found the noise (or I should say my wife did). My hearing not so good and I could not tell where it was from other than near the ceiling. Turns out, static from the radio speaker in the over head cabinet. Now to chase down why. Radio not on.
Ron
1989 Avion 34V
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
It is a great day in a Silver Twinkie
AVian

Re: Help

Post by AVian »

Curious if you ever figured this out. I hear a humming or buzzing noise coming from the front of my trailer and I have don’t know what it’s from. The battery box is located just outside so I’ve considered it to be the source but I’m on shore power so it doesn’t make since to me that the battery would be making any noise. Now that I read your post though I guess I could be hearing the radio. When you heard the noise were you connected to shore power? Also did you or your wife notice it getting louder if you turned lights on?
1987 34X
2004 4.8L V8 Silverado 1500