A little about yourself
Scott Aycock

Post by Scott Aycock »

I just purchased a 1978 Avion 33 foot trailer. I don’t know what model it is. It needs quite a bit of work, but the bones are good I believe. I’m pretty handy, but I have never restored a trailer. Probably gonna need some help From more experienced folks on this forum. There is clearly some water damage in the front that has messed up one of the cabinets and the shelf under the window. There also appears to be water stains on the linoleum where the floor meets the wall in several places. Not sure if that’s old damage or if those leaks are still occurring. However, looking at the windows, I’m thinking all the gaskets need to be replaced. I suspect the first task is waterproofing, before I start doing any other kind of restoration. I can’t seem to find any pictures of a 1978 Avion restoration. Most of the cabinetry is in pretty good shape, and will only need sanding and sealing or possibly staining a little darker. It’s nice to be part of this forum.
Razorback

Re: New member

Post by Razorback »

Hi, Scott. Welcome to the forum (albeit a late welcome).

Your 1978 Avion should have the same basic structure as those built thru 1988-1989, so I bet there are several people here that can give you guidance. Hopefully someone will chime in soon.

There are plenty of posts that give details about sealing the roof and many other areas. Look in the Exterior section, you should find a lot of information there.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Scott Aycock

Re: New member

Post by Scott Aycock »

Thank you for your reply and good information. Appreciate the encouragement.