Stabilizer jack replacement

Axles and Suspension Systems, Brakes, Brake Controllers, Wheels, Tires
MarkB

Stabilizer jack replacement

Post by MarkB »

I guess this would be under running gear.

The trailer had jack damage, two on the same side, one repairable. I ordered the replacement, it is under the name BAL now. Replacement of the first one was easy, the mounting holes had to be enlarged so they would fit the 5/16" studs since they were not on the same c-c distance. I thought the new jacks were so nice I'd replace the second one even though I had repaired it.

So the second one showed up, the jacks are telescoping, one side slides into the other for distance adjustment. The second one was either both male or both female. So it went back. I think I'll just install the repaired one.

So if you order replacement jacks, make sure you specify one male and one female. :mrgreen:
'89 Travelcade 28A
Razorback

Re: Stabilizer jack replacement

Post by Razorback »

Good advice.

Can you provide the item numbers and where you purchased them? That will likely help someone in the future.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Bal84230 from amazon.

Stock is 20”, these are 24” which works also.
'89 Travelcade 28A
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

That’s unfortunate you didn’t get parts that work together. I installed a BAL set on my prior trailer that telescoped with a channel that went across the entire trailer for support. If I remember correctly, the jacks slid into the center channel.

I ordered mine from Dyer RV.

These are the type I got: https://balrvproducts.com/product/delux ... cks-24-30/
F2CC414E-8AF7-41E9-98E3-D03777A26C5B.png
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Those are the ones. I probably transposed the numbers.
'89 Travelcade 28A