Furnace Pilot/ ON/OFF Switch

Water Heaters, Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Ranges
ryanleahmack

Furnace Pilot/ ON/OFF Switch

Post by ryanleahmack »

I have a 1969 25' Avion.

I have worked through the stove top, fridge, air, water leaks and have it running pretty nice.

Now, looking at the possibility of hot water.

When I look at the pilot assembly and control switch, I am missing the top knob to turn off/ on and pilot.

Anyone know where I can get one? I bought one that looked close and it doesnt fit.

Thanks!

Ryan
silverloaf

Re: Furnace Pilot/ ON/OFF Switch

Post by silverloaf »

Moving forward, I suggest transitioning to a water heater with electronic ignition. I don't know the point in time when Avion switched from pilot to electronic firing. Our 88 30P came with electronic so I'm happy with that. I did replace our water heater with a tankless model. The jury is still out on that decision.

I don't know what mechanicals are in your water heater that shut off the gas supply should the pilot go out. Not to be a doomsday prophet here. I lean more toward the safety side when gas is involved in closed areas.

Kudos for you working through the details!
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Furnace Pilot/ ON/OFF Switch

Post by KYAvion »

Agree with Silverloaf. I put a new water heater with electronic ignition in my Avion when I got it about six years ago. Just last week I had to replace the board since it quit providing a charge to the igniter. Other than that, the unit has served me well and has seen frequent use.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R