Two ledges in living area

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
john.windsor

Two ledges in living area

Post by john.windsor »

I have acquired a 1986 Avion P30 silver edition. I am trying to go through all things that need to be done to it. It seems like every time I finish something on the list I will add two or three more items that need attention. Oh well, I guess that is comes with owning a vintage camper. So, to the problem at hand that I am asking the club for help! The ledge in the living area has been removed and a poor attempt to recreate a similar ledge has been attempted by a previous owner (if the previous owner is a club member, please excuse). Since I am not sure what the original ledge looked like I am flying blind. If anyone could give me some detailed pics I would appreciate it. If I could get a detailed view of how it is mounted and what lights and where they are installed. I just want to make something that will somewhat look original. This is not going to be a “show trailer”. I just want it to look Avionist (don’t know if that is a word). If someone has the ledges that they have taken out of their camper that would even be better.
silverloaf

Re: Two ledges in living area

Post by silverloaf »

We have an '88 30P with a front living room. Below the front window is a credenza. It is roughly 10-12" deep in the center, then tapers at the curve on each side. Is this what you mean by "ledge"?
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P