We made another trip to Baton Rouge!

Anything related to traveling with an Avion
Razorback

We made another trip to Baton Rouge!

Post by Razorback »

I am super surprised that this section doesn't get more activity than it does.......

We made another trip to Baton Rouge! It has become one of our favorite places! Since our first trip in 2020, we have met so many awesome people! This trip, we got to see a couple we met last summer.... the husband is a true-blue Cajun, and he can COOK!!!! He made us an awesome pot of shrimp and crawfish gumbo..... man, oh man!!!! Was that GOOD!!! We also returned to what has become one of our favorite restaurants: Head & Tails. They have a seafood market in the front, restaurant in the back. Always outstanding.

I forgot to bring the dehumidifier with us this trip..... we'll be sure to pack it next time.

We also visited a couple we had first met in 2020. He is retired and from Delaware. She is Jamaican, in Louisiana via England. He has been fighting a couple of cancers. He was bad last July, but by the time we saw him this trip, his doctors had exhausted their regimens, and had turned him over to hospice. In a nutshell, I was able to help him..... since a week ago this past Friday, we are experiencing an honest-to-goodness MIRACLE.... send me a message if you'd like some details.

Thank God, the trip there and back was uneventful. We always stay overnight in Shreveport at their KOA campground. It is a nice, reliable place to stay...... but the local highways are in terrible shape.

Diesel prices were about double compared to other trips. But, because we don't have a truck payment, and we don't have a trailer payment, we can put a lot of dollars in the fuel tank.

We already have another trip planned in July...... we might go again before and/or after. Since we have eliminated our 4 or 5 yearly trips to Branson, MO, and we have not gone to Lake Eufaula or Red Rock Canyon in Oklahoma, we probably are not even spending the money we were spending before.

We met some new friends this trip. We parked next to them in their 5th-wheel. As we talked about Avions, I told Ken about me mistakenly leaving a large Yeti-type container (one of those larger ones that is small enough at the bottom to fit into a cup holder, but it bells out towards the top.... maybe holds a quart??) on the counter next to the kitchen sink, half-full of water and cranberry juice. While we were driving, I remembered it...... and fretted about finding a mess on the floor the next time we stopped. Although we drove over some terrible roads before we stopped, that container was still sitting upright on the counter, right where I had left it! I explained the Avion suspension to him....... he was AMAZED!

It was a great trip.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: We made another trip to Baton Rouge!

Post by KYAvion »

I was also trying to explain how awesome the Avion suspension is to someone the other day. Can’t beat it, especially on those rough roads.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R