Furnace Fan Noise - Suburban NT-34SP

Water Heaters, Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Ranges
TimFitch

Furnace Fan Noise - Suburban NT-34SP

Post by TimFitch »

My furnace fan is make noise, sounds like maybe a bearing noise, not sure. It sounds as if maybe the squirrel cage is hitting an edge. I have searched for parts online, no luck. Found a diagram on Suburban's website, but no link to the actual parts purchase. Before I attempt to pull the furnace out, I thought someone on this forum might have some advice on whether to try and replace blower parts or replace the entire unit.

Any thoughts??
Salty

Re: Furnace Fan Noise - Suburban NT-34SP

Post by Salty »

Your question evokes more questions. How old is the unit? When was it cleaned last? What is the condition of the combustion chamber assy?
If you think this through, in any of the the scenarios you suggest (Replace the fan, fan motor or the entire unit) requires you to remove the unit from it's current location for examination, which I suggest you do prior to ordering anything. For all you know there could be a twig in the squirrel cage. The usual safety precautions apply prior to removal - turn off power to the unit, turn off the gas etc ...
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
TimFitch

Re: Furnace Fan Noise - Suburban NT-34SP

Post by TimFitch »

Thanks, Salty. I'll pick a good day to take it out and look it over.