Roof unknown Connection

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
uteqdoc

Roof unknown Connection

Post by uteqdoc »

Can anyone tell me what this connection is just in front of the front vent? It is threaded and has some fiberglass in it. There is nothing on the inside opposite it.
PXL_20211110_214806192.jpg
1975 Avion La Grande 31'
Steve
1975 La Grande 31'
silverloaf

Re: Roof unknown Connection

Post by silverloaf »

On our '88 30P, A factory foldable TV antenna was perched there. A handle was mounted in the ceiling so you could twist the antenna for better reception.

Nice feature at the time. Now? Not so much.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
uteqdoc

Post by uteqdoc »

Thanks for the reply. Mine also has a factory antenna. It is in between the AC unit and rear vent. It has the turn handle in the ceiling. The protrusion in the photo is in front of the front vent and has nothing inside the camper opposite it. I originally thought it was a place for an antenna for the AM/FM radio but according to the owner's manual that is part of the TV antenna. I have looked at pictures of the roofs of different Avions on this site and others and cannot find anything that matches. I am concerned it could be a site of water leakage. Not leaking now and I hate to cover or remove it in case it is important.
Steve
1975 La Grande 31'
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

I cut out a round aluminum disc and sealed it over the hole with exterior grade caulk. No issues in the 4 years since I did it.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
uteqdoc

Post by uteqdoc »

Thanks for the suggestion. That is probably what I will do. Any idea what it is for?
Steve
1975 La Grande 31'
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

Ours was between was just behind the AC unit. There is also an electrical box with cover plate nearby to add another AC unit.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P