What plastic Avion parts do you need?

Aluminum trailers and parts wanted
jeff

What plastic Avion parts do you need?

Post by jeff »

Hi All,

I have been playing with resins and have successfully reproduced the exterior light lenses for the 80's model Avions. Wanted to poll the group to see what else is needed out there. I can produce just about anything 14 x 14 inches in good quality plastic moldings.

If I don't have the part I can make a copy of yours and send back to you, and then reproduce as needed.

My goal out of all of this is to figure out a list of in-demand replacement parts that are no longer produced and prioritize those for low volume reproduction here and on eBay for a reasonable price. I really want to make the rock guards one day, but I need more experience first.

I have seen the 18 x 18 resin vent lids for $100.00 and that seems sort of expensive to me, so options in this space would be a good thing.

Let me know if you have any input and will aggregate this for the next project. Thank you!
1980 Avion 34W
1983 Avion 34V
1958 Spartan Manor
1969 Barth Continental
Razorback

Re: What plastic Avion parts do you need?

Post by Razorback »

Besides the 18x18 vent lids, the 14x14 Hammond lids would be awesome to see. Seems like $70+ is the going rate for replacements.

The interior light lenses in the 80’s Avions might be another option. I don’t need any (unless I was to replace the white ones I have with some clear or frosted ones), but it seems like I remember others searching for those replacements.

For that matter, replacements for the lenses on the Truck-Lite running lights come to mind..... amber and red. Most of mine, except for those that had the fixtures or lenses replaced already, are pretty cloudy looking.

Still thinking.....
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
LeeInColorado

Post by LeeInColorado »

Need a rock guard for 1984 30P. Thanks.
ron95672

Post by ron95672 »

I need a single replacement plastic latch for the bathroom cabinet. It was riveted in and the cabinet looks like it was built into the trailer before other moldings and walls wee put on top of the frame. VTS has some latches that might work with some tweaking. I can send you a picture, but I don't know how to post it in this message.
Ron in Rescue, CA.
1985 Avion 30P
Overdrive

Post by Overdrive »

18x18 roof vents
The plastic piece that is over the entry door and houses the roll up window shade. Both the inner and outer piece.
Markinalaska

Post by Markinalaska »

Jeff,
I have been on a quest for the porch and front battery light lenses, (they’re the same lenses). They are no longer available anywhere that I can find. But I have come across some sources for other parts while looking for them, so that’s a good thing, kind of. If you have any of those available I will take them off your hands. I was going to try and make my own but if you can already do it that would be great.
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab
airguardian

Post by airguardian »

Jeff

Did you get any of the Avion parts produced?
Tim Shiver
Ocilla, GA
1987 Avion 34V