1986 34v Silver Edition Build

Anything related to what's happening with your Avion
BumpyDeer

Re: 1986 34v Silver Edition Build

Post by BumpyDeer »

Where did you get those windows? How bad were they to install?
BumpyDeer

Post by BumpyDeer »

I've got an 83 34v I'm about to start tearing down. I've got to redo the bathroom floor, underneath fridge and maybe by the front window. Did jacking it up by the hatch support the entire shell? Did it just kind of cantilever and you were able to do the entire floor? I really like those windows any leads are greatly appreciated. Ive been debating on rebuilding them or just replacing them. I'm most likely going to do away with the front window then put a TV there. So I'm not worried about that one.
leighlandon

Post by leighlandon »

Hey there,

The windows were ordered from https://www.motionwindows.com
Made in Washington state, double paned sliders.
Started refurbishing the others and I just wasn’t liking it. My wife and I put them in, need 2 people wasn’t hard. The biggest obstacles are that the old windows screw to the trailer walls, where new windows create a clamp between the outer and inner pieces. Have to navigate the old screw holes to make it water tight.
Landon
1986 34V Silver Edition
leighlandon

Post by leighlandon »

For the floor, it really just cantilevers out there quite nicely. I had to jack it up about half an inch because the edges of the entire trailer floor is falling apart so it has settled some.
Landon
1986 34V Silver Edition
Nelsonpharmd

Post by Nelsonpharmd »

leighlandon wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:11 pm Hey there,

The windows were ordered from https://www.motionwindows.com
Made in Washington state, double paned sliders.
Started refurbishing the others and I just wasn’t liking it. My wife and I put them in, need 2 people wasn’t hard. The biggest obstacles are that the old windows screw to the trailer walls, where new windows create a clamp between the outer and inner pieces. Have to navigate the old screw holes to make it water tight.
Would you mind if I asked how much it cost to do all the windows???
leighlandon

Post by leighlandon »

There are a ton of options with different price points, and you have to pay for crating and shipping. $600 per window. Not a small bite... but the difference is pretty amazing with the double panes and solar glass. I would however recommend doing it at the end of a build, rather than at the beginning...
Landon
1986 34V Silver Edition
Nelsonpharmd

Post by Nelsonpharmd »

Thanks Landon! Figured they wouldn't be cheap!