A little about yourself
Knuckles

Post by Knuckles »

My username is knuckles i have a 1979 Avion 34v and i live in British Columbia Canada We fulltime and travel a lot Our tow rig is a 2010 tahoe z71 with factory tow package with factory brake controller
Razorback

Re: New member

Post by Razorback »

Hi, knuckles!!! Glad you are here! Sorry for the delayed response....... Maybe others are preoccupied with other stuff like I have been. My wife and I have been in Branson, MO with our Avion.

I am looking forward to hearing your story and your input.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Knuckles

Post by Knuckles »

Thanx for the welcome razorback. Currently we are living in my converted bus while we go to town on the 34V. We tore out the water heater and installed a hot water on demand. We are taking off the old air conditioner and sealing all seams and covering roof in solar reflective rubber paint and put up a winegard carryout2 satellite done. We replaced both vents with replacement covers from vintage trailer supply and are currently hard at work c single full to two separate beds. I am changing the toilet to a johnson pump 12volt marine macerater for convenience and putting in new furnace waterpump and accumulater I'm sure I skipped a lot but we are hoping to be living in it year-round by the end if October Hopefully I don't run into too much trouble but I'll deal with it when it happens. Once again thanx for the welcome
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Sounds like you have been very busy, for sure. Any new updates?
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Knuckles

Post by Knuckles »

Razorback we have decided to take out the original couch and chairs to change the living room more to our liking and will probably offer them to another avion owner that wants them and wants their avion to look original. My wife will be painting all the cabinets an off white colour to brighten up the interior and we have decided to put in vinyl plank flooring from one end to the other as the linoleum is very old and worn and we have a german shepard and it will be easy to swiffer up the shed hair. Once i figure out how to send pictures I'll send some to show the updates. I appreciate the interest in our rebuild and love the amount of information in your forum. You guys have done an excellent job on it
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

We had planned on installing vinyl plank in our trailer. But everything I had read recommended against it. The issue was the effect of seasonal ambient temperature and moisture change. The planking has to float (so to speak) which requires clearance set-backs.

We chose a light commercial linoleum product in roll form. It mimics wood planking that has been quarter-sawn. We had it professionally installed.

Either way, good luck on your project.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Knuckles

Post by Knuckles »

Thank you for telling me about the expansion from temperature. I am still living in a converted greyhound coach that was converted in the eighties. When we bought it it had that yellow and brown shag carpet. We have a german shepard and they shed too much hair to have carpet so we tore it out and installed vinyl plank flooring in it and we left a gap at either wall and covered it with some wood molding. We have not had any problems with buckling or anything and we just love swiffering up the dust and hair as its so quick and easy. I think if the plank flooring is used in larger spaces like rooms in a home and not in an rv or trailer the expansion problem would be far more noticeable but we haven't had any trouble in yearsswith it. I left about a quarter inch gap on each side and that has been enough and was easy to hide with the moulding.