Power to Water Pump

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
TimFitch

Power to Water Pump

Post by TimFitch »

Working on plumbing issues with my new to me 1983 34W. I can't get 12V power to my water pump. When I switch the pump on at the panel, the light, on the panel, turns on for the water pump. But, no power back at the pump. There is an in line fuse at the pump, but I have disconnected the fuse and am checking power prior to the fuse, nothing. I don't have a wiring diagram to see where the power wire to the pump originates.

Any ideas?
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Power to Water Pump

Post by KYAvion »

Have you checked for power at both sides of the switch at the control panel to make sure the switch is good?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
TimFitch

Post by TimFitch »

The "PUMP" light comes on when the switch is on and off when the switch is off.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I read that in your first post. I can’t remember how the wiring is behind that switch, but I’d still make sure there is juice going to the wire that goes to the pump. There could be a wire to the light, and another wire going to the pump. If you’re lucky there’s a loose wire that goes to the pump from the switch (separate from the indicator light).
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I just took a look behind my control panel and one wire feeds a board for the light, and another wire feeds a terminal block. Check to see that all the connections on that terminal block are secure. If you’re lucky, one of those connections is loose.

I didn’t test it, but I bet the connection in the attached pic goes to the pump.
A989C206-9899-4B08-8C27-F6A821D5CA17.jpeg
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R