Avion Alignment Procedure - Service Bulletin 1978

A general discussion forum
erk

Avion Alignment Procedure - Service Bulletin 1978

Post by erk »

Found the procedure in a folder for the 1984 34v. Just figured I'd post in case someone needs it. I didn't see one posted but doesn't mean it isn't out there.
Attachments
Avion_Wheel Alignment_1978 bulletin.pdf
(5.03 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
silverloaf

Re: Avion Alignment Procedure - Service Bulletin 1978

Post by silverloaf »

I've never seen the procedure laid out in this level of detail. I'll have to do some head-scratching on why the rear axles on a 34V are toed out, considering that dynamic rolling resistance of the tires typically wants to force the tow out even more.

When I did the alignment on our '88 30P 4 years ago, I put 5 of the 9 spacers on the front side of each center pivot point and 4 on the backside. According to my manual, each 1/8" thick spacer changed the toe 1/8" at the tires. Thus, the toe at the wheel was set at 1/8" toe-in in static position. When in motion, the roiling resistance of tires forces the toe to 0.

I have had good results on tire wear so far.

By the way, your procedure would be better placed in the Running Gear section. Can you move it there?
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
erk

Post by erk »

Hello Silverloaf, yes please move to where the correct location would be. I have not tried the procedure as of yet. I will probably at least check to see how close the tires are on my 34v and then decide if I need to or should.

I'm finding different docs as I go through what was left behind in the 34v. I know I have the full owners manual that almost appears to be untouched - other than the original owners name on the first page. I have that all scanned and can upload that also.

Erk
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

It would be great if one of the admins can save the file in the Documents section.
@KYAvion is an admin, right?
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Done. Thank you!
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R