Curtains

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
77TRavelcader

Curtains

Post by 77TRavelcader »

Hi there. We recently purchased a 25 1977 Avion Travelcade. In the midst of trying to clean and update, we took the curtains down. I was going to sew some new ones, but I have lost the piece I was going to use as a template for new ones. Has anyone made new curtains, have any tips on making new curtains? or if anyone has measurements windows/ photos of some that i could recreate? I would like to keep as original as possible. Any advice will help. Thank you!
Razorback

Re: Curtains

Post by Razorback »

Hopefully someone will chime in here..... Mine are a bit different, and I have not made any new ones..... just delicately washed what we have.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Soonergirl66

Post by Soonergirl66 »

You can easily find books on curtain making, in addition to a wealth of information available on line, including but not limited to, YouTube. Consider subscribing to a service called SCRIBD. So many free documents and books available for download! Expect to pay a very low monthly subscription fee. The easiest curtains to make are those that are have a Wave style header. You make flat panels, two to two and a half times the width of the window (plus left and right returns). By purchasing and sewing on wave header tape you’ll only need to insert hooks and hang. Wave top headers ens have a fresh modern look that goes well with th mid century modern look of many vintage trailers. HTH
Salty

Post by Salty »

I have a pair of curtains that I'll be parting with shortly. They are for the full picture window on a 34V, so they are quite long. I had them made a year ago from Irish linen. Not sure what I'm asking for them as yet.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.