you all may laugh.

DJ18

you all may laugh.

Post by DJ18 »

This may be just a little too much information, but I got a POWER DRILL. I know, it's pathetic to be so tickled. we do have plug in power tools, but having power without a cord is quite cool. first thing I'll tackle is taking apart the couch to decide how to upholster it and how much I need to recover the arms. I next may think about an updated window treatment next, and not intimidated by all those screws anymore.

I still have to get a GFI plug to replace the bathroom one and se if that fixes the lack of power to the outlets.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
leighlandon

Re: you all may laugh.

Post by leighlandon »

Hey I get it, part of the fun is the new toys, I mean tools you pick up along the way!
Landon
1986 34V Silver Edition
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I’m not a big fan of Black and Decker tools, but this thing is one of the handiest tools I’ve got. It’s small and has a good amount of torque, and is useful for getting inside tight place (e.g., inside cabinets). It won’t drive screws in record time or anything, but it’s good for what it is. I leave one in the Avion so it’s there if I need it. It’s also handy if you’re swapping out multiple outlets and get tired of fastening those long cover plate screws.
0C9966C0-C40A-4FE6-8EA7-694CE07B7DED.png
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

I got a ryobi on sale at home depot. it was $49 and has surprising torque for how small and light it is.
I didn't realize how helpful it would be. I also weave, have a floor loom and a cordless drill will wind shuttle bobbins all day long. a weaving specific bobbin winder is much more expensive than a cordless drill.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Soonergirl66

Post by Soonergirl66 »

Please post pics of your set up and completed projects! I’m new here and a quilter. Nice to meet other crafters. I plan to take my work along on the road. I’ll be sewing on my grandma’s 1951 Singer Featherweight. I was excited to find the flip-up laminated table which will come in handy for cutting patches and as a sewing table. My not-so-new 1966 T21 is now know as “Tillie” after a gg aunt.