Installing New sub floor on 34wb

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
alcoaroller

Re: Installing New sub floor on 34wb

Post by alcoaroller »

Thanks for the reply Salty. Yea Ide agree it might be less hassle over what I am using but I do at least get the ambiance of the flame with the Mr. Buddy :) OF course my unit has 2 furnaces on it. I have never tried to light them. They may be fine but out out of caution have just being going with old faithful. Thanks again.

Ken
Salty

Post by Salty »

Two furnaces? Basement models have two?
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Yes....
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
leighlandon

Post by leighlandon »

If I needed to jack my shell up slightly, where would be the best points? Currently working on the floor and I need a little more space.
Landon
1986 34V Silver Edition
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

In my experience, the easiest way to get more clearance is to back the trailer onto 3-4 2x10s. This will give you roughly 4-1/2"- 6" of additional clearance.

The other option is to lift it from the mainframe that supports the leaf springs and axles. Study the mainframe before the front wheels and after the rear wheels. There should room for a lift point as well as blocking to support the trailer.

On our 30P, I started on one side and lifted it 6". I used a combination of wood blocking that gave each support point a 12" square pad. Then I went to the other side and did the same. I ultimately lifted the trailer 12-14" off the ground.

For a additional stability, use floor jacks where the bumper attaches to the frame. At the same time, deploy the electric jack as well.

When you are done, you will have 4 primary lift points in the middle and 3 for stability. By the way, absolutely never use concrete blocks for support! I went to HD and found some 6x6 and 4x6 timbers that had been reduced 70% due to warpage. For every level of blocking, insert a square of ply/osb to spread the load.

Take your time on this. You want to be at peace working under the trailer. In my case, I was able to restore/rebuild the axles, brakes and suspension at the same time.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
leighlandon

Post by leighlandon »

Thanks Bob, I literally mean the shell, currently replacing the floor and I can tell I will need a little bit more space in an area (maybe 1/2inch) and trying to decide where to lift the shell without damaging anything.

Currently working on the bathroom floor.
Landon
1986 34V Silver Edition