Avion Update

A general discussion forum
silverloaf

Avion Update

Post by silverloaf »

So.....it was 62 degrees and sunny here today in north Georgia; a high of 68 is forecast for tomorrow. I opened up our Avion today to give it a breath of fresh air. Of course, there's more winter cold and rain to come. But it was good to focus on the better weather to come.

Is everybody pretty much hunkered down until Spring arrives? Any progress reports on repairs and upgrades? Any travel plans to mention?
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Razorback

Re: Avion Update

Post by Razorback »

We, too, just thawed out from a pretty brutal week or so. Almost 70 degrees today!!!

We postponed an early-April trip to Baton Rouge until July. Nothing else planned yet...... yet.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Normally we use our Avion quite a bit in the winter, but this winter we’ve pretty much stayed home. Haven’t been in the Avion since the weekend before Christmas.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

Have the events of 2020 delivered a blow to the adventurous spirit?

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Salty

Post by Salty »

For me, the adventurous spirit went into hibernation right after Thanksgiving. Since then, I've completed a few little things but nothing too outrageous. Now that Houston's' winter is over, there's a few things on the horizon.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

Our Avion has been parked next to the house we are building. On March 31st, the trailer will become our temporary living quarters until the house is completed. Oddly enough, we "camped out" at our house in Michigan while getting ready for sale.

Our trailer, with all the restoration work completed, has already paid for itself just in filling the gaps between permanent quarters.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P