time to say hello

A general discussion forum
DJ18

time to say hello

Post by DJ18 »

I'm having a dreary January. sorry to complain to those who live in colder climates, but we are used to going camping all winter here in southern NM. All our favorite campgrounds are closed due to Covid.

There is still some disbursed camping available, but I think full timers and snowbirds take up a lot of the places.

Got the wiring "fixed", not real proud of the job, but it's safe and ok for now. I eliminated the outlet in the wall behind the couch, wired in new romex 12 g and ran it down behind the shelf in a vinyl wire chase. this takes it down to the floor under the couch and over to the other side of the arm of the couch. then up the wall in the wire chase and along the top of the table under the window and through the wooden partition wall right at the corner, then up and to where the other outlet on that wall. eliminated that one too, although it would be a simple thing to put an outlet in there, we seldom used 110, so I connected the wires together and covered the hole with a stained piece of wood. The outlet behind the couch, I covered with an eternabond patch, which will do until and if I decide to change the drapes.

I did take the couch and table apart, but really didn't have the skills to start ripping anything else up, at least I see how to re-upholster the couch.....

You all who tackle these major restorations are heroes to me!
Last edited by DJ18 on Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
silverloaf

Re: time to say hello

Post by silverloaf »

It's nice to see that someone has come out of hibernation for 2021. Our trailer is parked next to the house we are building. It hasn't moved since late September which is OK. We escape to it on weekends just enjoy the peace and quiet, as well as have a nice snooze.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

I'm not trying to be critical, just curious. anyone else part of the facebook avion group? I go there sometimes. but I prefer this one. I'm not real comfortable with facebook as a general concept, and also the format isn't very easy to research from information in past posts, or maybe I'm not familiar enough to do it.

I prefer an active private forum with good topic management like this one!
so is it hibernation? True, winter in a pandemic isn't a real active time period. I really hope this forum stays around!!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I belong to the FB groups too, but like you said they aren’t the best for organizing posts and researching a topic. As long as money from ads and donations keep up with site hosting fees, this forum should be around a long time. So far I don’t foresee there being an issue.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R