Replacing Magic Chef M40-3 microwave oven

Water Heaters, Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Ranges
Jtholland757@att.net

Replacing Magic Chef M40-3 microwave oven

Post by Jtholland757@att.net »

It’s time to upgrade our original microwave oven. The thing still works, but at 650 inefficient watts it heats the trailer as much as it heats the food, etc. has anyone replaced theirs with an updated microwave that fits the hole somewhat closely. Ours is above the range hood in an ‘86 34w. Also, will residential microwaves hold up to road travel? We like to “nuke” taters, brocolli, etc. and do the regular microwave stuff.
1986 Avion 34w Silver Edition; Unit 123 of 200
2022 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 2500HD Z71 4WD
silverloaf

Re: Replacing Magic Chef M40-3 microwave oven

Post by silverloaf »

Jtholland757@att.net wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:36 am It’s time to upgrade our original microwave oven. The thing still works, but at 650 inefficient watts it heats the trailer as much as it heats the food, etc. has anyone replaced theirs with an updated microwave that fits the hole somewhat closely. Ours is above the range hood in an ‘86 34w. Also, will residential microwaves hold up to road travel? We like to “nuke” taters, brocolli, etc. and do the regular microwave stuff.
We purchased a no-frills Panasonic unit for ours. If I recall, we paid under $140 for it. To secure it, I ran a strip of heavy-duty Velcro across the unit from side to side. In addition, the OEM wood framing around the unit keeps the microwave from sliding out the opening.

Considering that most Avion trailers had shock absorbers at every wheel, I never felt that any vibrational forces against the microwave would be the least of my worries.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Jtholland757@att.net

Re: Replacing Magic Chef M40-3 microwave oven

Post by Jtholland757@att.net »

Thanks. I’ll have to do some cosmetic work to the facing where the trim ring was screwed into the face of the cabinet, but shouldn’t be an issue. Probably be doing some microwave shopping today. Now if I can find a drip tray for the fridge that doesn’t break the bank.
1986 Avion 34w Silver Edition; Unit 123 of 200
2022 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 2500HD Z71 4WD