Northern Minnesota Winter camping.

Tips and tricks for cold weather use of your Avion
Salty

Re: Northern Minnesota Winter camping.

Post by Salty »

Shell or Barndominium?
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Bobbyz

Post by Bobbyz »

Barndominium is a term I hadn't heard before, but Google has!
Actually what I've been thinking is basically well built and insulated 40'×40' shell to start with. Then during our long winters fix up the inside more house like than garage like.
I guess without knowing it my ultimate goal is a barndominium.
Bobbyz

Post by Bobbyz »

Well summer is almost over up here. This spring with the "Rona" I decided to hold off building, plus I couldn't make up my mind exactly what to build. (That last part stems from being single, no wife to tell me exactly what to do. :lol: )
Price of building materials has skyrocketed so I'll be doing another winter in the Avion. It wasn't bad at all last winter even on those -40 nights.
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Bobbyz wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:40 pm Well summer is almost over up here. This spring with the "Rona" I decided to hold off building, plus I couldn't make up my mind exactly what to build. (That last part stems from being single, no wife to tell me exactly what to do. :lol: )
Price of building materials has skyrocketed so I'll be doing another winter in the Avion. It wasn't bad at all last winter even on those -40 nights.
I call my wife my "guide"..... She is very free with her guidance....... if she wasn't so stinkin' cute, it might get annoying.... :D

It's very interesting...... you can see when the urge is coming upon her.... kind of like watching a teapot boil....
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???