A salute to LEDs

A general discussion forum
zoomjay

A salute to LEDs

Post by zoomjay »

I have been working over the last week to update my "newused" 1970 Ultra. A big item on my list: update all of the light bulbs with LEDs.... what a huge difference. The pics are the outside of the trailer now - quite a difference.

I still have the original Deitz lights on the back and... after I cleaned them up today - they really look outstanding with these new LED bulbs. The old girl is looking like she is ready for the road again...
Attachments
IMG_7638.JPG
IMG_7640.JPG
silverloaf

Re: A salute to LEDs

Post by silverloaf »

I was told using LED bulbs in lenses deigned for incandescent would cause the light to appear pink. What was your experience?
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
zoomjay

Post by zoomjay »

Well, it sounds funny although the bulbs in front (amber lenses) appear amber. Ones in back (red lenses) appear... well, red. The package of marker bulbs I bought has 12 bulbs in it - and the trailer needs 14 total. Thus, I ended up keeping two of the older bulbs in the front markers. If you look closely at the picture of the front, you can see that two of the lights are slightly dimmer than the rest. Thus, they all look pretty good.

My larger concern was the tail lights. The Deitz covers are... well.... original (I think) and looked rather dim with the original bulbs. With the LEDs.... they look much brighter and ready for business. Thus, I am hoping I have avoided having to replace those lights.

Overall, I am quite happy with the end result.
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

That DOES look good!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???