A blatant rant

A general discussion forum
DJ18

A blatant rant

Post by DJ18 »

about airstreams. every now and then something comes up that makes me feel grumpy about airstreams. this time it was a comment. ignorant, maybe even innocent, about Avion, the wanna-be airstream. I said "no, they are superior to airstreams", but it bugged me. I started thinking about other comments I've seen and heard and people like the snobby couple in the rented airstream taking forever at the rv dump (HA! they poop too?) ---she in white pants and stylish wedge sandals! and then on to the arrogant posts and attitudes on different forums and websites. I suppose I'm a bit of a bragger about my avion, but it isn't because it was more expensive than anyone else's. it's because it is so amazingly well built and designed. I do appreciate a nice vintage airstream. but the new ones? I'd almost be ashamed to spend the money if I could.

I really do get sick of the snobbish attitude, the unmerited awe of the airstream. or even the assumption that our Avions were also overpriced but not worth the money.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Re: A blatant rant

Post by Razorback »

Some want to play the part...... we get to LIVE IT!!

Take a breath....... :D
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Thinking about this...... back when Avions were new, they were marketed as “upper crust” and “your ship has come in”...... but they ARE awesomely superior trailers.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

hee hee. yes, a breath, and a new day. and packing up to go camping tomorrow. planning a much longer trip at the end of the month, the kind where you see just how far you feel like going.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

Unfortunately, I have seen the behavior that you describe too. Regardless, Airstream is a joke when compared to Avion, Silver Streak, or Streamline. And since 2016, Bowlus Road Chief is back. Now THATs a quality trailer. Costs $200k though! Its funny that Airstream folks at Airforums try to belittle Bowlus, calling it impractical! :lol:
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5