Is there a stove without cooktop?

Kitchen tips and recipes
wirelessguyny

Is there a stove without cooktop?

Post by wirelessguyny »

My stove seems pretty rusted. For now I've just pulled it while working on the rest of the reno. I'm trying to determine if it's worth refurbishing or replacing. Personally, I don't plan on using the trailer in its traditional sense but I'd like to leave it in a state where another owner could use it.

I'm curious if someone makes an RV store that doesn't have the cooktop? I could use a shore power based induction cooktop and leave myself more counter space. I could perhaps put a small 110V toaster/convection oven above the fridge but I'd think that something propane based would be more functional.

All in all, it may make more sense to repair the existing oven but I thought I'd ask what options others have come across.

Thanks.
Salty

Re: Is there a stove without cooktop?

Post by Salty »

I've seen cook tops without ovens, but no ovens without cook tops.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

If it is possible to repair/refurbish the original one, you could easily cover the cooktop with one of the attractive cutting board stove covers. The oven can easily be used as storage as well. If the thought of resale is a deciding factor, I'd keep the appliance.

I use my oven and stovetop both, they are very nice to have. To bake biscuits, cookies, nachos---cooking in the woods is one of the main events!

We cook outside on our little webber babyQ a lot, but still use the stove top for a lot food and hot beverages.

Since we don't usually camp with hook-ups, I would not have a camper with electric only capability.

Each uses their camper their own way, and what's right for one is not necessarily right for someone else. I'm sure mine would be hopelessly old school to some, but in my opinion the closer to classic original the better. I've done my share of tear out renovations to other campers, and I've learned that most of the time, I didn't improve it as much as I thought I would.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

That is a great idea, Debbie. The original oven/stove is hard to beat, and if it has been taken care of, even a little, it will last longer than 15 of today's replacements.

Like you, we use ours.... oven and cooktop. Everything tastes better cooked in the Avion!

On the subject of charcoal grills.... I am convincing my wife that we need one of these...... just happens to be made in our home state of Arkansas! And aluminum, of course!! (They make several versions, but this is the one I’m wanting.)

https://www.pkgrills.com/the-pk-grill-smoker-graphite/

Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

Woah! You could turn out some serious feasts with that!
My little Webber babyQ is a gas grill. It is small and can ride in the bathtub of the Avion. I’ve had several cheaper portable grills, but for some reason this little thing is fool proof! It never blows out and the cooking temperature is very controlled and consistent. I’ve yet to burn anything!🤞
C20A0692-5258-4552-8D6E-447E818A9039.jpeg
Attachments
90F4604E-215E-4CB5-AD0E-28B7739D89C7.jpeg
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

That picture of your dinner looks really delicious!!!

For camping, PK has this more portable version.... not sure what they did with the Razorback Red version, but it's no longer on their site..... this black one is nice looking. I am wanting to get back to the flavor of charcoal grilling.

Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

that is a good looking grill! charcoal is sure gourmet cooking for sure! I'm not very good at it, because I usually start it too late. We have a charcoal grill that is pretty cool. it fits about anywhere, called a cobb grill. I really enjoyed cooking on it. maybe should start using it again. sometimes it seemed more like an oven than a grill, or I never mastered. it.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H