A note to new members

A general discussion forum
Razorback

A note to new members

Post by Razorback »

We have grown to a pretty sizable group over the last couple of years. I know there are a LOT of members that have never introduced themselves, some might never. But I want to welcome ALL members, and let you know that we are SUPER glad that you are here!

There is a wealth of information and experience here. We are a VERY friendly bunch, and I want everyone to know that no question is not worth asking. Ask away, and you’ll get answers in short order. I participate in other forums that tend to chastise people for asking questions that have been answered before, or for asking questions before attempting to search for information on the forum. I want to assure you the this forum is NOT like that. Even though this forum format is pretty easy to search, I want to encourage questions, and especially want to hear of everyone’s projects and experiences.

Welcome to everyone who hasn’t been formally welcomed yet!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
RISK

Re: A note to new members

Post by RISK »

Good points and well said, Paul.

I recently joined a Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser forum (yes, another project) and they are downright toxic if you don’t say the right thing or ask the right way. I’m eventually getting some help there but it’s no where near the civility or community that we have here.

I am very grateful for the work that KYAvion and others have done to make this forum a wonderful resource.

Ian
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)
Salty

Post by Salty »

@RISK @Razorback Ditto
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

You all keep this place going—thank you all for that.

There’s been a few times that I’ve needed to look something up, and it’s pretty cool that I’ve been able to do a Google search and the info I need pops up from a thread on this site. That reminds me...I still need to order that door holder gasket that I looked up a couple weeks ago.

Along that note, it would be nice to compile a reference list of commonly used items by name and part number. Things like the door holder gasket, brake/marker/clearance lights, shocks, brakes, grease seals, Eternabond, sealants, etc.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

this really is a great forum! So much help, so easily searched and so generous with sharing wisdom.
the best kind of forum!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H