Rock Guard Replacement

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
ericlarson

Rock Guard Replacement

Post by ericlarson »

Saw this on line and though the company isn't shipping these yet they are looking into it.
Here is the link for their NEW AVION ROCK GUARD.

https://www.facebook.com/HeintzDesignsV ... oup_dialog
Rock Guard Photo
Rock Guard Photo
Razorback

Re: Rock Guard Replacement

Post by Razorback »

How COOL is THAT!?!?!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

I wonder what that 5th wheel is next to it? Looks older with the basic looks and the round window in the door.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Razorback wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:11 pm I wonder what that 5th wheel is next to it? Looks older with the basic looks and the round window in the door.
I went to their website and got the answer: 1951 Spartan Custom Mansion 5th Wheel. That would have been built in my hometown of Tulsa!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
Salty

Post by Salty »

I like the rock guard as well. Hope they offer them for sale.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
RISK

Post by RISK »

Hey gang,

I’m looking for an Avion for some friends and found a decent candidate near them in a ‘78 28M (same model and year as mine, built a month later) but there are a couple issues.
Mainly it doesn’t have the rock guard and that’s a concern for me. I’ve been leaving Chuck messages but we know how that goes... Does anyone know if he still has any in stock?

I looked into the ones linked earlier in this thread and I’m not in love with them. I wish the corners weren’t squared off, that’s a missed opportunity in my opinion. I’d probably go with Becky’s version if nothing else.

If anyone has any other ideas let me know, thanks again for the community here...

Ian
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)
78Silver28J

Post by 78Silver28J »

I built mine from galvanized channel and plexiglass I found at the hardware store. Pop rivets and some aluminum hinge I had on hand. An idea if you don’t want to buy one. Chuck had one a year ago when I stopped in to see him and have him give my 28J a look see. He lost his mold in a fire so there won’t be anymore made.
image.jpg
Markinalaska

Post by Markinalaska »

78Silver28J wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:08 pm I built mine from galvanized channel and plexiglass I found at the hardware store. Pop rivets and some aluminum hinge I had on hand. An idea if you don’t want to buy one. Chuck had one a year ago when I stopped in to see him and have him give my 28J a look see. He lost his mold in a fire so there won’t be anymore made. image.jpg
That looks like it would work and probably cheaper than one purchased from anywhere else. I’ve been mulling over making one out of either cedar or dark maple strips steam bent on a mold. Haven’t decided if I’m going to do that but I think it would look way cool when done if I do.
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab