random thursday night thoughts

A general discussion forum
DJ18

random thursday night thoughts

Post by DJ18 »

We have the water line leaks under the bed stopped. trimmed, squared, tightened and shimmed. the tees have stopped dripping. The water heater has been examined and declared leak free. water lines secured to wood frame where needed with those teflon clip rings. a length of aluminum stock screwed to the floor to keep objects stored under the bed from bumping the lines. the old cardboard cover has been re-insulated and taped together one last time. putting the bed back together and ignoring it for now. :? Eventually we may be brave enough to redo the water system, not till we must.

ALL NM schools are canceled for 3 weeks. there are 6 people who have tested positive for covid 19 in our whole state. 3 recently traveled internationally, 2 to NY and they didn't say about the 6th. this seems ridiculous to me.

why are some people buying all the toilet paper they can? why not kleenex?

If I felt the need to stock up, I'd fill my camper with canned and dry foods and water.

our kids in N. NM are teachers.. we may all go camping :D

the Gila Wilderness awaits!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Re: random thursday night thoughts

Post by Razorback »

I agree...... you'll get more out of a good camping trip.

(keeping my other opinions to myself........ ;) )
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

I went on-line and found some reasons why people are hording TP:

"When people hear about the coronavirus, they are afraid of losing control. And toilet paper feels like a way to maintain control over hygiene and cleanliness."

"Consumer psychology experts say the behavior is "obviously irrational", and a clear example of herd mentality whipped up by social media and news coverage."

"The whole toilet paper hoo-ha isn’t without logic. Amidst the anxiety of being quarantined at home due to the coronavirus, getting a clean wipe ranks high on people’s list of priorities."

Summary: If people are spending more money on toilet paper rather than food, what's the need for the extra toilet paper?
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

HA! gotta laugh at something! just got an email that NM state parks are closed to overnight camping. that seems sort of odd to me too. ah well, hoping for normalcy soon. meanwhile, there is still the national forests.

edit to add; when I consider our rural and rusty healthcare system, and think about the large numbers of out of state travelers that park for two weeks at a time all winter, it may be a good idea.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H