Choppped out Breaker box. thoughts?

110 volt, 12 volt, Batteries, Converters and Inverters, Solar
wirelessguyny

Choppped out Breaker box. thoughts?

Post by wirelessguyny »

Hi folks.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or recommendations for me.

I just picked up an old 25ft 1971 Voyager and the breaker box was sitting on the floor in the bathroom. Apparently the last guy stopped early in his remodel but not before causing what could be a large headache for me. (Photo Below)

Questions...
  • The panel was originally in the bottom of the bathroom closet but I can't see where the originating wire would have come from (wall/floor). Any clue how this fed out to the shore connection?
  • Will I need to rewire the entire trailer?
  • I need to tear out the sub floor anyhow. I don't know where any of the wiring actually ran in this model though. Is that info out there somewhere?
Attachments
72049DA6-3A43-4812-9ED3-9AF9AE3E80E4.jpeg
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Choppped out Breaker box. thoughts?

Post by KYAvion »

Is one of those cables coming out of the wall 10AWG?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
wirelessguyny

Post by wirelessguyny »

I’ll have to check in the morning.

All five sets in the wall look like they attached to the top of the breaker box. The thick cable at the bottom doesn’t look like it went into the wall. Perhaps the floor.
Sawmiller

Post by Sawmiller »

looks similar to my 1968. Large black wire coming into the bottom of the box is my in feed shore power wire. It exits under the trailer into a storage box for the plug in cord.
The wires coming out of the top of the box feed the different circuits in the Avion. One for the air conditioner and two additional 110 circuits.
Attachments
IMG_5591.JPG