What is this valve?

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
silverloaf

What is this valve?

Post by silverloaf »

Can anybody tell me the purpose of this blue valve? I took pictures before tearing out the plumbing. But I can't remember its purpose.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
IMG_1348.JPG
IMG_1348.JPG (32.04 KiB) Viewed 2744 times
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Razorback

Re: What is this valve?

Post by Razorback »

That is in the general area of the one on ours that you open to fill the fresh water tank when you are connected to a fresh water source.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
noiva

Post by noiva »

When you are connected to city water, you can open that valve and back-fill your fresh water tank, the one that runs from your 12V water pump. It will back-fill from the bottom of the tank and eventually run out the side water fill on the trailer. Be sure to hang around and cut off the valve as soon as it begins to run out the side. You will then have a full tank of potable water for whatever, even a power failure that takes out your city supply. Just be sure to drain the tank when you pack out. Simply an easier way to get a tank of fresh water without having to stand beside the trailer with the hose and pigtail in your hands. Hope this helps.

Best,

Tim
87 30P
2003 Suburban 2500, 6.0
Best,
noiva
1987 Avion 30P
2003 Suburban, 2500, 6.0, 4.10
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

That makes sense. Thanks for the info!
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

I'm tacking a question on to this thread because we need some help in this area please!

because of other old trailers we have owned did not handle water pressure and because our usual destinations don't have water hook ups, we don't want to use the city water hookup on the Avion. We fill the fresh water tank from the inlet in the side of the trailer. This inlet accepts only a very slow rate of fill, and if you try to increase the flow rate, the water backs up, burps out. If the flow it too fast, sometimes water leaks on to the floor from somewhere. We have yet to determine where it is leaking because it has only happened twice. We can see the water inlet and the little air vent hose above it, if we look in behind the furnace. We can see there is a bit of a crimp in that air pressure relief tube. we can't feel any leaks around that area.

so I have questions please!

our trailer does not have the little pull out fill tray I see in the manual. the manual states that it has to be pulled out to not build up air pressure. I know where to buy one, but installing it would involve a lot to access that area.

should the blue handle back fill valve (as pictured in this post), be open or closed to use the fresh water fill. or does it even matter?

If we need to access that fresh water inlet behind the furnace cabinet, does one remove the cabinet? it seems easier than pulling the furnace!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

It doesn't matter if that blue handle is open or closed..... you should be able to use the fresh water fill port to fill the water tank.

I don't know which furnace you have, but our NT-34 (Is that right?) is very easy to remove...... one screw attaching to the exterior vent, the gas line, maybe 2 screws holding the guts inside the case, then out it comes.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

I forgot to include our year and floorpan, sorry. we have an 85 25H. The furnace model is a Suburban NT 24S. It possibly could think be a replacement. anyway, for now, we will just have to fill the tank with a slow water flow.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Salty

Post by Salty »

That NT24 should come out the same way as described above.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

ok, thanks! we had a nice camping trip past week. just got home yesterday. we had the same old problem of water coming out on the floor from somewhere when filling from fresh water fill valve. I reached way back behind the heater and cannot feel moisture around the hose or on the very limited area of the floor my arm could reach.

there is now water collecting under the bed. We took out the bedding and looked under there while there was water in the system and the pump was under pressure. couldn't see where it was leaking.

I can see that a lot of the water line is out of sight behind the furnace venting and the exterior wall. there are only a few places water lines are accessible. obviously, the water heater is the most obvious place, but I see more moisture around the city water inlet and I can't see any leaks.

Guess that is our job this week.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Good luck in finding the source of that leak.

Those kinds of problems drive me crazy.....
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W