Cadet CEC163TW

Tips and tricks for cold weather use of your Avion
KYAvion
Site Admin

Cadet CEC163TW

Post by KYAvion »

While the Vornado space heater does a really good job, I find a second space heater is needed for temps in the 20’s or lower. In particular, the rear bedroom can get pretty chilly in my 30R when the Vornado is warming the areas up front. One option is an electric blanket, which obviously works pretty well. I wanted something else, however, so I tried out different wall mounted space heaters. Many were way too noisy for my tastes, or they would cycle on and off way too much. I then found the Cadet CEC163TW. It’s really quiet and the fan and heat ramp up or down as needed to maintain the temperature, so it isn’t constantly cycling on and off like other heaters. So far I’ve only tried it out down into the mid-20’s, but it did well. It also does well on milder nights since it will just run on a lower setting. It’s a little pricey, but so far worth it in my opinion.

https://cadetheat.com/index.php?route=e ... et&did=169
9A19B05E-ACF0-4263-BE8C-F91BD15D6999.png
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Re: Cadet CEC163TW

Post by Razorback »

I like that!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
pbsled

Post by pbsled »

Where did you mount it. The wall by my door with the fridge behind it might work for me.
PbSled
"Mr. Eternabond"
1990 30P
2017 F-250 Reg. Cab
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I mounted mine on the wall behind the shower in my 30R. There’s not much space between the wall and the fiberglass shower, so I just used these and cut the fasteners to the length I needed.....https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01IU6HG ... asin_title. The nice thing about these anchors is that the anchors stay in place and allow the fastener to be removed. I also used a couple strips of 3/4” poplar along the top and bottom of the heater casing to allow room for the Romex cable clamp. In the future I’ll trim out the casing to make it looked finished.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

For the front of the camper this Vornado works pretty well, and it has “climate control” like the Cadet. I ran a male plug outside the camper beneath the range, so I can run a dedicated extension cord to a 20 amp outlet just for the Vornado (for now, until I upgrade to 50 amp). I put a receptacle that I plug the Vornado into inside that lower cabinet under the range. The Vornado sits on the floor below the range and is out of the way because of the way the wall is offset. I’d probably go that route before the Cadet juet because it gives you a bit more versatility.

https://www.amazon.com/Vornado-EH1-0096 ... ado&sr=8-5
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R