A&E has no parts for us

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
Kep

A&E has no parts for us

Post by Kep »

Well I just got my trailer back from the RV shop last Monday (9-30-19). They had it all this time for the awning fabric replacement. Seems that A&E no longer supplies parts for this awning. They did ship out the Fabric but said the side rail top mounts were back order. Turns out that was double speak for yes we sold and shipped you the fabric for your awning but do not have or make anything to replace the parts you also ordered. We will not take back the fabric so your dealer or service center will have to figure this out. Had I known this in the beginning I would have just ordered Zip Dee awnings. I think this was dishonest on their par to sell and ship the fabric knowing that it could not be used without the rest of the order. The RV repair center kept telling me it was on back order while they desperately searched the world for those two mounts.

Well they finally found them and installed the awning. They also installed the rear awning too. I also had them install two fantastic fans and modify the trailer to make them fit. I got it home now and I'm going to do the modifications and repairs needed. I already have an issue but I posted it in the electrical section. this is going to be a real tedious project I can just tell from how it all started.
1975 28' LeGrande Twins, rear bath, front dinette.