hi all

A little about yourself
bueller

hi all

Post by bueller »

Hi everyone.

My wife and I have been entertaining the thought of getting an Airstream for several years. Of course I joined the AirForums to gather knowledge while we searched for the right camper. One thing I did learn in my research was that Avions are superior in build quality. And now that we're back in CO, the opportunity has risen for us to purchase one!

I'd like some input of the experts here as to any things I should look for or be worried about from what pictures I took today. There is quite a bit of damage to rubber trim and clasps etc, but most things seem to be there. The owner also says everything is in working order and spent ~$8k over the past couple years. So,

I will create a new thread with pictures for your expert opinions. Oh, also, it has a permanent plate from Michigan and the trailer and I live in Colorado.

Thanks in advance.
Matt aka bueller
Attachments
IMG_0351.jpg
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: hi all

Post by KYAvion »

Look forward to seeing more pics, and am also curious what the owner had spent 8k on over the past couple years?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
bueller

Post by bueller »

Not sure what she spent it on. She says the tires are newer but everything else is original in and quite used condition. She did put new upholstery on a banquet type sitting area up front and all new curtains. All appliances are original I believe.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

It’s really hard to imagine what 8K would have been spent on, unless maybe that included the price of the trailer. You can check the date on the tires, but if they are ST’s and have sat for awhile I’d be leery of them
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
zoomjay

Post by zoomjay »

Can you share what it is (model, year)? Should be a tag somewhere on the front (driver's side?) indicating these things. Also, is it me or does the offset of those rims look to be wrong (shouldn't they fit in the wheel wells a bit better?).
bueller

Post by bueller »

its an '86 25H.Can barely see the front corner here. Not sure what the numbers indicate. I think it says 15215 above Arizone Unit.
Attachments
IMG_0331.jpg
IMG_0350.jpg