Rear Bath remods.

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
silverloaf

Re: Rear Bath remods.

Post by silverloaf »

Thanks for the progress updates, Bruce. I’ve been trying to work on ours with the temps hovering in the 85-93 degree range. 105 is is too searing for me.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
pbsled

Re: Rear Bath remods.

Post by pbsled »

silverloaf wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:17 pm You might want to give Chuck Cayo of Cayo Trailer Repair a call. 269-463-5068. Chuck’s relatives founded Avion. He might have a lead on a good used tub/shower.

Should you choose to create something, bear in mind it is near impossible to re-locate the tub drain. The drain and trap nest in a pocket between the main frame and black tank. The pipe then parallels the frame to the gray tank which is roughly located under the beds.

You also realize the bath sink drain parallels the wall of the tub and then tees into the tub drain. Avion used every inch of space get the drains to work.

Had I more time, I would have considered a narrow partition wall between the vanity and the tub. The wall would run from front to back and terminate where one steps into the tub. It would mean reworking the vanity for partition clearance. But encapsulating the tub/shower would keep the water in the tub, not in places where rot could occur.

Removing the belly pan under the tub will give you a clearer understanding of the challenges.

Very helpful post ! Thank you. I was looking at options for the shower drain and will keep you posted on design. The partition wall is what I was considering myself.
PbSled
"Mr. Eternabond"
1990 30P
2017 F-250 Reg. Cab