Getting ready for annual trip to Lake Eufaula

Razorback

Getting ready for annual trip to Lake Eufaula

Post by Razorback »

Spent the day today prepping our truck and trailer for our annual trip to Lake Eufaula in Oklahoma. Meeting friends there that have their family reunion at the lake. 100’s of people show up, and we have been adopted into at least one branch of the tree.

Drained and refilled the coolant on the truck, got the fridge cooled down and all appliances tested in the trailer. (I really like the Fridge Fix fan I installed in the fridge, and the thermostatically-controlled fans that I installed in the chimney behind the fridge. They both combine to help the fridge cool nicely.)

I guess we’ll load some stuff today and finish tomorrow.

Last year, it got up to 110 degrees at Eufaula. Now THAT was hot! It was perfect timing to test the roof coating I had recently painted on the trailer. It worked very noticeably. I am still amazed how well it cooled the roof. It will be in the 90’s this week..... nothing near last year’s high.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Razorback

Re: Getting ready for annual trip to Lake Eufaula

Post by Razorback »

On our way.... stopped at a rest area near Sallisaw, OK...... very hot day, so I checked the tire pressures and felt the hub caps to see if any were hot..... all good.

At the intersection of I-40 and Hwy 69 we head south about 5-6 miles to the campground. Since last year, it was very obvious that the great state of Oklahoma had done nothing to improve the cloverleaf exit ramp...... absolutely THE roughest piece of road I have ever been on with the Avion..... slowed to about 10-15 mph to keep from rattling everything loose.
Attachments
IMG_1168.jpg
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
Razorback

Re: Getting ready for annual trip to Lake Eufaula

Post by Razorback »

Our home away from home for the next few days......
IMG_1169.jpg
IMG_1170.jpg
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W