How to drain the fresh water tank

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
greetle

How to drain the fresh water tank

Post by greetle »

Besides running the pump, there should be a drain for it. Mine is a 72 La Grande. I believe it is the handle in the floor next to the tank, it has a red handle and a hose coming out the bottom? The problem is, when I turn it either way, nothing happens. If this is it, I guess the valve is broken? If so, is it as simple as emptying the tank and unscrewing the valve? Or can I loose the top of the spigot?
silverloaf

Re: How to drain the fresh water tank

Post by silverloaf »

greetle wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:57 pm Besides running the pump, there should be a drain for it. Mine is a 72 La Grande. I believe it is the handle in the floor next to the tank, it has a red handle and a hose coming out the bottom? The problem is, when I turn it either way, nothing happens. If this is it, I guess the valve is broken? If so, is it as simple as emptying the tank and unscrewing the valve? Or can I loose the top of the spigot?
If you can get to the end of the hose, I suggest opening the valve and then blowing air (say 15-20psi) through the hose. This should blow back any debris caught in the hose or valve. If not, the spigot handle might have broken off inside the valve body and will require replacement. They are typically threaded into the tank.

In our '88 30P, we have a 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" master drain plug on the bottom of the tank. There is a cover plate on the belly pan. This is my go-to drain to thoroughly and quickly empty the tank. If the air opens your spigot drain, I would be looking to do a full-blown flush of the tank.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P