New Avion owner Fith Wheel

A little about yourself
Sky318

New Avion owner Fith Wheel

Post by Sky318 »

Hello everyone. My kids and I live in a recently purchased 1992 Avion Fith wheel 295 31ft

It needs some fixing and remodeling. It has a new roof liner, vents and seams are newly sealed. My biggest concern is that one side has two delaminated panels that need to get fixed.

Looking forward to learning and exploring this forum and Avion TT.
Razorback

Re: New Avion owner Fith Wheel

Post by Razorback »

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your Avion 5th wheel.

Please pose some pictures when you can....

I LOVE the early-to-mid 90’s Avion 5th wheels! What a classic design, and if you happen to find one that has been taken care of, they are quite the good buy!

I don’t know anything about fixing delaminated panels.... hopefully someone has some good advice for you soon!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
silverloaf

Re: New Avion owner Fith Wheel

Post by silverloaf »

Sky318 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:36 am Hello everyone. My kids and I live in a recently purchased 1992 Avion Fith wheel 295 31ft

It needs some fixing and remodeling. It has a new roof liner, vents and seams are newly sealed. My biggest concern is that one side has two delaminated panels that need to get fixed.

Looking forward to learning and exploring this forum and Avion TT.
Sky-

Welcome to the forum!

I suggest you call Chuck Cayo (Cayo Trailer Repair) on fixing the panels. On my last visit, he had a fifth-wheeler sitting behind his shop.

I recall him telling me that Fleetwood used a lot of OBS in these trailers. One use was the core of the fiberglass panels. The panels are known to delaminate if the cores gets wet. Also, there are a number of other spots to investigate.

Chuck's phone number is 269-463-5068. I've learned he rarely responds to voicemails. Keep calling to speak to a live body.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P