Forward cabinet

silverloaf

Re: Forward cabinet

Post by silverloaf »

Thanks.

By the way, I took a closer look at the unit's mounting in your cabinet. Nice, clean, precision install!

Also, recall in a previous topic the challenge I had with securing my upper cabinet into the fiberglass shell. Any issues with yours?
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Salty

Post by Salty »

Road side corner has 1 screw that is down and won't tighten, but the cabinet won't budge in any direction.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

I ended up purchasing and installing a Sony WX-920BT head unit. It has Bluetooth, a microphone and will accept 2 iPhones for calls. I matched it with 4 Alpine SDS model 2-way speakers. They have the same mounting footprint as the OEMs speakers in the living and sleeping areas. I also used the OEM wiring.

Unfortunately, my drill motor had a mind of its own. It jumped off a mounting screw and "ventilated" one of the front speaker cones. It's not repairable for long term survival. I have a replacement set on order. I'm not a "happy camper" about this, but poop happens!

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
RISK

Post by RISK »

One of my maintenance things to do is swap out the old 8-track for something that is somewhat current. I’d actually love to keep it as a buddy bought me a whole box of 8-track tapes with some really good jams but the thing has a mind of its own and is really fickle about when it wants to work and on what speaker(s) it will play through when it does.

Ian
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

KYAvion wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:39 pm This the speakers?

https://www.amazon.com/Alpine-SPE-6000- ... B0038NMC8O
Front
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TH57BM I paid $64/pair on Amazon late last week.

Rear
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TU5MCS $50/pair

I installed a rubber antenna from eTrailer. It's secured to a beefy bracket that was originally used for a cb radio antenna It's foldable so it doesn't interfere with the trailer's cover.

The system has good sound quality, considering the trailer has a significantly greater interior volume than a typical car/truck passenger compartment. I felt to go any larger would turn the trailer into a big drum.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P