New Member Intro.

A little about yourself
John Gorski

New Member Intro.

Post by John Gorski »

I have a 1970 26' Ultra that has been sitting for 15 years in a barn. Electrical all works but need to replace some of the outside clearance lights, the front fiberglass weathershield and we can't seem to get the furnace pilot lit. I am replacing the propane tanks today and hopefully that fixes it. The Magic Chef stove works just fine so we'll see. Let me know if anyone has hints for replacement parts or lighting the furnace pilot. Thanks you a bunch and I am glad I found this site.
Razorback

Re: New Member Intro.

Post by Razorback »

Welcome to the forum, John. So glad to have you here!

I probably cannot help much on the furnace other than wondering if you can tell you are getting propane to the pilot?

Someone with a similar Avion will probably be by soon that can offer some specifics.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Be careful with that furnace if it’s original. I’d inspect it well to make sure it isn’t rusted out, and get a good carbon monoxide detector (which every trailer should have anyway). Does that furnace have an actual pilot, or a spark ignitor that you can hear? Please go ahead and start a new thread in the Appliances forum for the furnace.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Salty

Post by Salty »

KYAvion wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:03 pm Be careful with that furnace if it’s original. I’d inspect it well to make sure it isn’t rusted out, and get a good carbon monoxide detector (which every trailer should have anyway). Does that furnace have an actual pilot, or a spark ignitor that you can hear? Please go ahead and start a new thread in the Appliances forum for the furnace.
+1
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.