Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

Axles and Suspension Systems, Brakes, Brake Controllers, Wheels, Tires
KYAvion
Site Admin

Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

Post by KYAvion »

Silverloaf- in another thread the topic of TPMS came up. I went with the 507 system with cap sensors as seen here:

https://tsttruck.com/collections/all-pr ... le-display

That system has user replaceable batteries and the sensors themselves aren't huge. I had considered the flow thru sensors, but the sales rep at TST talked me out of it due to their size. They may not be THAT big though. I see that the company also now includes a repeater and that the displays are available in color now.

Something else I do is use bolt on metal valve stems to reduce the chance of a valve stem failure. The cap sensors don't weigh much, but I figure it can't hurt and I remember a tire engineer on another forum recommending them.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/vic ... lsrc=aw.ds

The pic of the bolt on stems looks odd because one of the two rubber washers is shown sitting on top. Two washers are included so you have a choice depending on the size of the rim valve stem hole.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Tireman9

Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

Post by Tireman9 »

Running TPMS is a good plan. Too often a trailer tire can lose air and destroy itself and do damage to the RV before the driver learns about the problem. I have a good number of posts on TPMS on my blog including my recommendation on how to set the warning levels
Retired Design & Quality Tire Eng. Read my tire blog www.RVTireSafety.NET to learn more about RV tires, valves & wheels. Read my post on why tires fail .
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

Tireman9 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:23 pm Running TPMS is a good plan. Too often a trailer tire can lose air and destroy itself and do damage to the RV before the driver learns about the problem. I have a good number of posts on TPMS on my blog including my recommendation on how to set the warning levels
Your blog comes up as 404 Not Found.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

silverloaf wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:58 pm
Tireman9 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:23 pm Running TPMS is a good plan. Too often a trailer tire can lose air and destroy itself and do damage to the RV before the driver learns about the problem. I have a good number of posts on TPMS on my blog including my recommendation on how to set the warning levels
Your blog comes up as 404 Not Found.

Try this. http://www.rvtiresafety.net
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Tireman9

Post by Tireman9 »

Thanks KY Avion.
Other forum blogs handled web links differently (URL is hidden behind the text)
Will fix it
Retired Design & Quality Tire Eng. Read my tire blog www.RVTireSafety.NET to learn more about RV tires, valves & wheels. Read my post on why tires fail .