Are there any tow vehicles you WISH you had?

Towing Rigs, Hitches, Weight Distribution, Sway Control
Razorback

Are there any tow vehicles you WISH you had?

Post by Razorback »

I'll start..... this is a picture that shows my dad's 1971 Ford F250 when we were in the L.A. area during the summer of 1971. We were in the Tra-Tel RV park near Disney Land. (From research I have done in the past, the area has been redeveloped into shopping areas, maybe even a Walmart!) It had a 390 cu. in. engine with a 4-speed, granny low.
Me, on the picnic bench! Dad took out my stitches from my appendix surgery just inside the rear window of that Nomad trailer.
At TraTel RV Park Garden Grove CA July 6 1971.jpg
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Are there any tow vehicles you WISH you had?

Post by KYAvion »

Great pic!
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
silverloaf

Re: Are there any tow vehicles you WISH you had?

Post by silverloaf »

Interesting question with lots of trade-off implications.

We needed a full size pick-up to pull our new-to-us '88 30P. Being a retired Ford engineer, I looked at both the F-150 and F-250 vehicles. When properly equipped, both vehicles would easily pull our trailer.

I had owned a 2011 F-250 for 3 years. I liked it for its stronger frame, bigger brakes, beefy tires, and built-in towing capability. But I was using it as a daily driver and the fuel economy had me in a choke hold.

In the end, I ordered a 2018 F-150 with the max tow package. It will easily pull our 30P, whose weight is well below the truck's capability. It's a good cross-over vehicle that delivers good fuel economy when not towing.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P