Enjoying a weekend in the Branson, MO area

Anything related to traveling with an Avion
Razorback

Enjoying a weekend in the Branson, MO area

Post by Razorback »

Back at the Wilderness campground this weekend!

Got to ride the new roller coaster at Silver Dollar City Thursday afternoon.... what a ride! Look up “Time Traveller roller coaster”. It’s a hoot!

Met 4 couples that I have seen here before. Husbands are all retired railroad guys. Fun bunch!

For me, a huge part of “going places and doing things” with our Avion is the great people we meet EVERY time we’re out!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Razorback

Re: Enjoying a weekend in the Branson, MO area

Post by Razorback »

Found out that we'll be able to visit this group when they are at Wanderlust campground in Eureka Springs, AR in May... no camping for us then, just a visit.

Then....... We already have a Branson trip booked in September, same time that they will be back here!

It's nice when you can look forward to seeing friends again!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Sounds like a great start to the season!
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Got home this afternoon...... on the way home, I kept asking my wife if we could just keep heading another direction..... coming out of the Springfield, MO area, came to the junction with I-44..... asked her if we could just head east and see where we end up...... then on I-44 heading west, got to the I-49 South exit..... asked her if we could just keep heading west..... then wife was talking to friends in Louisiana, got to Bentonville.... asked her if she would like to just head to Louisiana.....

Anyway, got home, and it had been raining, so I knew the back yard would be soft, and I have to head up a grassy incline once I get through the gate...... didn't even try it with the 2WD truck. Got the Bronco out of the garage, hooked up the Avion, and got it where it needed to be. This is the one place I NEED a 4WD vehicle.

Back to work tomorrow!

IMG_2948.JPG
IMG_2948.JPG (36.42 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
IMG_2955.JPG
IMG_2955.JPG (25.96 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W