Resurrecting the Silverloaf

Pics of your Silver Avion trailer
silverloaf

Resurrecting the Silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

KYAvion urged me to start a thread on restoring our Avion 1988 30-P trailer. We purchased it in July, 2017. Not only was it our 1st Avion but also our 1st travel trailer.

Our goal was to sell our home this Spring, move to Georgia and then hit the road to see the country. Unfortunately, our trailer needed significantly more than a good cleaning. You will see why in the pics to follow in this thread.

....................................................................................................................................
Everyone needs a technical advisor when working on an Avion. My 4-year-old grandson had plenty to offer:
IMG_1517.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG (39.97 KiB) Viewed 6066 times
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Resurrecting the Silverloaf

Post by KYAvion »

Thanks for starting this thread. Look forward to seeing the rest of your progress, and sorry to hear your travel plans have been delayed.

BTW, your trailer appears to have had the same work to the front end that mine had. The shape of that piece of aluminum looks identical to mine. The paperwork that came with my trailer included a receipt for Cayo Repair for that work.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

I didn't really pick up on that. I suppose I haven't been around enough Avion trailers to know the difference. Thanks for the heads up.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

How's the resurrection of the Silverloaf going? Anything new?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

KYAvion wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:30 pm How's the resurrection of the Silverloaf going? Anything new?
Well...I downloaded a lot of pics from my IPhone to my laptop. When I post them, they are rotated 90 degrees. I haven't figured out how to fix it.....yet.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

silverloaf wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:13 am
KYAvion wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:30 pm How's the resurrection of the Silverloaf going? Anything new?
Well...I downloaded a lot of pics from my IPhone to my laptop. When I post them, they are rotated 90 degrees. I haven't figured out how to fix it.....yet.
If you would like to post them, I would be happy to fix the orientation.....
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Razorback. I haven't come across the issue of pics being at an improper orientation (guess your always correcting them!). How are you changing the orientation when this occurs?

I just download the picture, rotate it, then add it back.... haven't done it in a while, but I think that's what I remember doing.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R