How Much Room Is Enough

Anything related to traveling with an Avion
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: How Much Room Is Enough

Post by KYAvion »

If you go, please ask where he got the battery box on the tongue and the larger box on the bumper. He probably made them or had them fabricated, but if he purchased them somewhere it'd be nice to know where.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Ad says "power flush toilet." I know what that is, but I don't know why that trailer would have one. Is the black tank in that trailer not at the rear?

Something else to ask is if it has a grey tank.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Gary Potter

Post by Gary Potter »

KYAvion wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:10 pm Ad says "power flush toilet." I know what that is, but I don't know why that trailer would have one. Is the black tank in that trailer not at the rear?

Something else to ask is if it has a grey tank.
As I recall, it was done by the previous owner. It was a maintenance issue. Maintenance meaning they don't have to clean the bowl out as often.
Retirement is underrated
'Dewey' an '84 30P
Gary Potter
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Sorry. Disregard my prior post then. By "power flush" I thought they were describing a vacuum flush toilet
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
RISK

Post by RISK »

Another thing you may want to do is ask him to fill all the tanks, fresh/black/grey and have him “show you” how to empty them at a nearby dump station. Filling the tanks will show any fitting leaks that you can’t get to or see and will also give you a chance to check all the fresh water systems like the faucets, shower and pump. Also, make sure to connect to the city water and show that works without any leaks. Mine had a leak in the grey tank but only after it was about half full, turned out it was a crack in the top of the tank flange that connects to the dump hose. Only found it when I dropped part of the belly pan. I kind of fixed it but it’ll need to be addressed again I’m sure.
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)